I am trying to add one new potential for my physics problem in plasmas.
Just to start with (I have read the modification section in manual), I choose one coul/cut pair potential and just changed the name of potential
as coul/cut/on and similarly changed the CLASS in .cpp and .h files.
When I recompile lammps, it goes fine and then even I can run a test input file with this new potential (Definitely results are same as in coul/cut as no change made).
Further, I just made a small change (say added a factor while calculating fpair) and again after recompiling, the new potential is giving some result, different from coul/cut.
But when I pair_write this new potential and compare it with analytic
coulomb potential, both are same.
I checked it few many times …but unable to get error !!
What could be the probable error !!