About the "pair_style granular command"

Hi everyone

I am studying the LAMMPS for granular materials, and wish to study the behaviour of a mixture of different type of materials.

i can see this " pair_style granular command" can be used to study the interaction between two types of granular materials. But I am wondering
whether lammps has the ability to study the interaction among three different types of granular materials.
I mean similar to " pair_style granular command" but it can work for three more different types of granular materials.

if anyone have any idea about this, please let me know, thanks for your time and help.

If the interactions are pair-wise additive (DEM interactions typically are), then the the interactions between types A, B, and C can be determined from A-A, A-B, A-C, B-B, B-C, and C-C pairs of interactions.

hi, thanks for your response,
can i still use the “pair_style granular command” for three more types of granular materials?
since in the documentation, the sentence is:
“The granular styles support a variety of options for the normal, tangential, rolling and twisting forces resulting from contact between two granular particles.” and all these examples are for two types of cases.

can i just use similar like:

pair_style granular
pair_coeff 1 1 hertz/material 1e8 0.3 0.3 tangential mindlin NULL 1.0 0.4 
pair_coeff 2 2 hertz/material 1e7 0.3 0.3 tangential mindlin NULL 1.0 0.4 
pair_coeff 3 3 hertz/material 1e6 0.3 0.3 tangential mindlin NULL 1.0 0.4 

something like this, i have tried this, but got the error
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
i therefore am not sure whether “pair_style granular command” can be used for three more types of granular materials.

What version of LAMMPS are you using? Perhaps you have a version with a bug that has already been fixed. I cannot see a segfault with a minimal input based on yours:

units si
atom_style sphere
region box block 0 100 0 100 0 100

create_box 3 box

create_atoms 1 random 2 54367 box
create_atoms 2 random 2 5436 box
create_atoms 3 random 2 543 box

comm_modify vel yes

pair_style granular
pair_coeff 1 1 hertz/material 1e8 0.3 0.3 tangential mindlin NULL 1.0 0.4 
pair_coeff 2 2 hertz/material 1e7 0.3 0.3 tangential mindlin NULL 1.0 0.4 
pair_coeff 3 3 hertz/material 1e6 0.3 0.3 tangential mindlin NULL 1.0 0.4 

run 0 post no
info coeffs

Hi alohlmey

Many thanks for your response, it is really helpful, I used the lastest stable LAMMPS, so the software should be right. I have tried your code, it works well in my software.
I think it could be problem for my input scritp, it was designed for two type of granular materials.
I am happy to know that LAMMPS is capable of studying the behaviour of mixtures.

May I ask one more simple question? do we have the maximum limitation for the types of granular materials?