Accidentally rerunning a running firework

What is the best course of action to deal with accidentally rerunning a firework that is currently running? If that launch is allowed to continue and finishes, will it eventually update the firework to COMPLETED?

Hi Shyam

I am not 100% sure what will happen but my guess is:

1. If your current job finishes before an “rlaunch” script re-pulls the job, it should get marked as COMPLETED and you won’t see any ill effects

2. If an rlaunch script re-pulls the job before your current job finishes, you will have two simultaneous jobs running. The results of the later-finishing job should overwrite the previous one although I am not sure of all the strange things that can happen.

One possible solution is modify the rerun_fw() method so that it has an option whether it is allowed to rerun RUNNING fireworks (there are already several other states that skip rerun so this would be easy to do). By default this option would be set to false, i.e. rerunning a RUNNING firework is not allowed. However, the detect_lostruns command (which needs to rerun a RUNNING firework) will call the function with this option set to True.

···

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 8:24:08 AM UTC-8, [email protected] wrote:

What is the best course of action to deal with accidentally rerunning a firework that is currently running? If that launch is allowed to continue and finishes, will it eventually update the firework to COMPLETED?