According to my last question about modeling bbb

So sorry to ask again , is lammps better than namd or spartan or not , i mean what has been done with those softwares cant be done with lammps? (Also i will try to find those paramaters and ask again if it was necessary)
Thanks

So sorry to ask again , is lammps better than namd or spartan or not ,

what is “better” depends on the specific application, skill level of the user, available hardware, and computational needs and expectations. there are applications that can be done with all or some or only one of those software packages.

NAMD and Spartan are very different animals and used for very different purposes and different ways. so comparing those to each other and then to LAMMPS is like comparing apples, peaches, and oranges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_for_molecular_mechanics_modeling

i mean what has been done with those softwares cant be done with lammps? (Also i will try to find those paramaters and ask again if it was necessary)

there are lots of stuff that can only be done with either Spartan or NAMD and there also is the question of computational efficiency. certain things can be done by both NAMD and LAMMPS, but it depends on the specific use case, which of the two codes is faster per se or parallelizes more effectively or has better strong or weak parallel scaling.

again, which of the cases applies depends on the technical details and the specifics of the model, parameter sets and also on personal preferences.

axel.