AIREBO AND TERSOFF

Hi Everyone

I did the N ion bombarding graphene simulation. I want to use AIREBO to simulate the C-C and TERSOFF to simulate C-N. I have four questions before using the hybrid forcefield.

1: Does the TERSOFF and AIREBO forcefield consider any charge and electrostatic interaction?

2: Is electrostatic interaction important for the damage produced probability during the collision?

3: We know N is more electronegative than the C atom. Therefore, there will be some polarization. Does the two forcefields consider the polarization?

4: Is polarization important for the damage produced probability during the collision?

I look forward to any information about my questions or some recommended references. Thank you very mcuh!

Hi Everyone

I did the N ion bombarding graphene simulation. I want to use AIREBO to simulate the C-C and TERSOFF to simulate C-N. I have four questions before using the hybrid forcefield.

1: Does the TERSOFF and AIREBO forcefield consider any charge and electrostatic interaction?

No.

2: Is electrostatic interaction important for the damage produced probability during the collision?

Probably not.

3: We know N is more electronegative than the C atom. Therefore, there will be some polarization. Does the two forcefields consider the polarization?

No.

4: Is polarization important for the damage produced probability during the collision?

Probably not.

I look forward to any information about my questions or some recommended references. Thank you very mcuh!

You should study the literature and talk to your advisor.

R.