Calculating Force components on Atomic indenter

Hello,
I am trying to make the maximum force components on a group called indenter dump every 40 timesteps, and I am having issues making this work. The group indenter uses the AIREBO potential. I do not want the force dumped on every single atom, I am looking for the maximum value of fx fy and fz on the whole atomic group, similar to what the fix indent command could give. What command(s) could I use to efficiently output one value of x,y,z for the whole group per timestep? These are the relevant bits of my code so far:

compute force indenter property/atom fx fy fz

# compute max force
compute 7 all reduce max c_force[1]
compute 8 all reduce max c_force[2]
compute 9 all reduce max c_force[3]

# dump
dump max_force_dump all custom 40 max_force.dat id c_force[1] c_force[2] c_force[3]

Thanks,
Matthew

Please see this post about general guidelines and suggestions for posting to this forum category and specifically how to correctly quote from input files, so that the forum software does not try to interpret special characters as markup. I’ve made the required change on your behalf this time. In the future, it will be better if you follow this yourself, since the chance to get meaningful help is correlated to how easy it is to read your post.

Fix indent provides access to the total force, not the maximum. That is a more meaningful value, anyway.

This cannot work. You cannot output scalar properties with a custom dump, only per-atom properties. Instead you must output those via a custom thermo style or fix print or dump styles yaml or netcdf (which require those properties to also be output as custom thermo output).