Conda install broken?

Hi @parastoo_agharezaei you might try asking on the pymatgen forum for more specific help about pymatgen: pymatgen - Materials Science Community Discourse

For everyone in this thread, the conda install of matminer should be fixed as of 0.7.3:

https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/matminer

Still broken to me for Windows 10. It gets stuck on Solving environment screen:

(test_env) C:\Users\Angelo\Desktop\UWResearch\MAST-ML-dev_Ryan_2020-12-21\MAST-ML-dev_Ryan_2020-12-21>conda install -c conda-forge matminer
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: \
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes.  Press CTRL-C to abort.|
failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions

@angelotc thanks for letting us know. I can’t seem to reproduce this conflict on mac or linux systems currently.

are you able to install pymatgen (newest) alone from conda forge?

Has there been any progress on this thread? I’m getting the same error after upgrading MacOS to Monterey 12.0.1. I successfully installed pymatgen using conda, but then I get the error when trying to install maminer. My conda env is Python 3.6.13. The same exact error occurs if I create a fresh conda env and try to install matminer in it first.

(condaenv) Erics-MacBook-Pro:~ emuckley$ conda install -c conda-forge/label/cf202003 matminer
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: / 
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes.  Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed                                                                                                                            

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions

EDIT:
The issue seems to be fixed using
conda install pip
pip install matminer
inside the conda env after pymatgen is installed using conda.

I may have found the issue with conda installs on Windows.

The issue is with matminer-feedstock listing optional dependencies – specifically the line that requires dscribe >=0.2.9. For conda-forge, windows only has v0.2.8 available. So conda is failing to solve the environment becuse this requirement can’t be met on windows.

I think optional dependencies should be removed from the matminer feedstock. Either that or we can contact the maintainer of the dscribe feedstock to update their windows version.

@jacksund @ericmuckley I have seen your comments and made a new issue which I will be addressing. We have just updated the matminer requirements according to new pymatgen so this may be solvable now

Note for everyone in this thread, thanks to @jacksund this problem seems to be resolved now. The newest conda installs should work