Erratic behavior of USER-INTEL package on Intel 5120D co-processor

I tried with more number of mpi ranks, ie with following run command:
"aprun -n 2 -N 2 …/…/lmp_intel_coprocessor_14.0 -pk intel 1 -sf intel -in in.intel.rhodo "
with MIC_OMP_NUM_THREADS=2
got following error:

^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaab559e3c0
^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaabdae53c0

with -n=6 -N=6 (rest same)

^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaab43f8e40
^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaab5660ec0
^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaab5676ec0
^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaabb3e2e80
^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaab43f8f40
^Moffload error: cannot find data associated with pointer variable 0x2aaab43f8e40

we have Allinea DDT, which says on website that it supports Intel phi as well, will see if it turns out anything (that is if we have latest version which supports xeon phi). Also will try to compile with latest compiler version as soon as possible (will take some time though).

Thank you

Hi!
I tried almost every thing but nothing worked, one error or the other,
finally system administrator here finally showed empathy and gave in
to my incessant requests and installed intel compilers 16.0. It
works!!

With intel compilers 16.0 lammps no longer crashes and no erratic
pressure/energy spikes etc. I am weeping with joy!!!
Thank you for your patience and support.
Just one questions:
1. i cannot use xHost flag as i am compiling on login node, for KNL
lammps page asks to add “-xMIC-AVX512” flag. Is there any similar flag
for KNC? I cannot locate any. currently am only suffxing -xCORE-AVX-I
which is for CPU

Thank you so much again for the help

I’m glad this is working for you now. You shouldn’t have to set anything for the KNC instruction set for offload (just for the host CPUs); the offload target will be handled by the compiler during compilation. If you want to run natively on the KNC without using the host or any offload, then you will need to add the “-mmic” flag instead of -x*. Best, - Mike

image001.jpg

http://allennance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Dilbert-Persistence.png