Error importing matminer

I just installed matminer 0.7.2 from conda-forge on macOS. The package seems to be broken in some way. The command

import matminer.featurizers.structure

fails with this exception

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/peastman/miniconda3/envs/dc/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matminer/featurizers/structure/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from matminer.featurizers.structure.sites import SiteStatsFingerprint
  File "/Users/peastman/miniconda3/envs/dc/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matminer/featurizers/structure/sites.py", line 9, in <module>
    from matminer.featurizers.site import (
  File "/Users/peastman/miniconda3/envs/dc/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matminer/featurizers/site/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    from matminer.featurizers.site.fingerprint import (
  File "/Users/peastman/miniconda3/envs/dc/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matminer/featurizers/site/fingerprint.py", line 33, in <module>
    with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "cn_target_motif_op.yaml"), "r") as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/peastman/miniconda3/envs/dc/lib/python3.8/site-packages/matminer/featurizers/site/cn_target_motif_op.yaml'
1 Like

It looks like the error was introduced in 0.7.0. It works in 0.6.5.

Running into the same issue. @ardunn you might want to check this out.

Yes this will be fixed now

@Anubhav_Jain things should be updated and working with pip as of this commit with the same behavior tested with the CI. I also separately tested locally creating a bdist_wheel and sdist, and everything seems to be working ok

If we can we should release new pip and conda versions

Ok I just released v0.7.3, @ardunn can you see if this now works?

Yes, I just tested 0.7.3 in a clean venv and everything seems to work @Anubhav_Jain

Can we release new conda version also? Pip seems to be working