Filtering metal (electrical conductivity)

To MP team,

Regarding the query, I found a way to filter a metal is by selecting bandgap = 0.

I am wondering if there is another way to filter metallic materials such as electrical conductivity.

Regards,

Howard

Hi Howard,

As of right now, we don’t have MP API-accessible data on electrical conductivity, but we do have a contributed dataset that includes transport properties. If you’d like to do analysis using that data, follow the links in the upper right hand corner of the page for instructions and how to request access for the MPContribs API.

1 Like

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for the reply.

Which link that you’re referring to?

Regards,

Howard

It’s the link to BoltzTrap data on contribs.materialsproject.org (where we host contributed data linked to Materials Project mp-ids). All contributions have their own independent API to query data.

To access, make sure you’re logged in on materialsproject.org before you visit the link.

1 Like

Hi Howard,

just wanted to follow up with specifics of how to use the MPContribs API on our MP JupyterHub to work with the BoltzTraP dataset. On its landing page you can now find a button in the upper right corner labelled “Work with this dataset”. It will take you to a running Jupyter notebook with examples on how to load, interact with, and query/filter the BoltzTraP data. Since we’re trying this out for the first time, please feel free to email me directly if you run into any issues.

best,
Patrick