Fix deposit and creating new particles

Dear all,

I was wondering if there could be a workaround to create new particles at a certain rate such that particles are generated next to a specific particle that already exists in a simulation and moves around? I realize that I have to go with fix deposit, but the option of positioning the particle as a neighbour to a moving particle is a little trickier than the available options...

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

With best wishes,
Anna

Not sure if this can work, but fix deposit can restrict particle insertions to a region and the sphere region can take (equal style) variables as arguments for x, y, z coordinate and radius of that spherical region. so if you would center your sphere on the particle of interest, you would have attempts of insertion only near it and the region would follow it.

axel.

Jacob Gissinger and I are trying to add this functionality to fix bond/react. Specifically, we would like to make it possible to create new molecules (or atoms) at precise locations in the vicinity of other nearby molecules (or atoms). I supplied some code to place the molecules in the correct locations. Jacob is working on the more difficult part (MPI, memory management, communication with fixes like fix rigid). We hope to have this working in the next 5 months or so.

Andrew
(One more task that needs to get done: Someone needs to add other code to calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors. This step is almost finished.)