Force field

Hi, I have a question about the using of Force field in Lammps, what is the indicator for selecting force field?
Can I use the meam Li Co O potential to define the interaction of oxygen atom and cobalt to simulate a membrane doped with a cobalt atom in adsorption? Or, for example, can I use the SiO tersoff potential for the oxygen molecule? Or can I use the BNC tersoff potential for the nitrogen molecule? Why is the Leonard Jones Force Field used in most articles?

What is a suitable force field needs to be obtained from studying publications that describe specific parameter sets and the kind of compounds they are applicable to.

Any questions beyond this are off-topic for this forum, since they have nothing to do with LAMMPS, but are questions about force fields and MD in general and that make it a topic for discussion with your adviser and more experienced colleagues. This forum is about using LAMMPS and not a classroom to learn MD and doing research with MD. To teach your those skills is the responsibility of your adviser.

Please note that MatSci.org has the “Science Talk” category, where questions like yours would fit.