回复: GPU with fix gcmc

Dear Anders, Steve and lammps-user,

Thanks to your suggestion, my simulation with GPU package run successfully! However, there exist some questions to solve. I have test many cases and get responding results:

(1) Run normal MD with CPU without GPU package. ----> Successful
(2) Run normal MD with GPU package. —> Successful
(3) Run gcmc with CPU without GPU package. —> Stopped without error. I find it results from my unreasonable initial configuration, so, I change it to the simply one.
(4) Run gcmc using simply configuration with CPU with GPU package . —> Successful
(5) Run gcmc with GPU package. —>Successful
(6) Run gcmc using my complex input scriput with GPU package. —> ERROR: Cannot use neigh_modify exclude with GPU neighbor builds (…/fix_gpu.cpp:270).
Well, this error is the main one in my simualtion. To deal with it, I have compare my complex input script and the simply one. I find that the command line “pair_modify mix arithmetic tail yes” trigger the error!
(7) Delete the “pair_modify mix arithmetic tail yes” line and rerun my simulation. It works!

So, Could you give me some suggestions about how the command pair_modify mix tail trigger the error? The input script attached. Thanks in advance!

Dongbo Wang

in.t48gpu (3.88 KB)

I’m CCing Stan to see if he can answer. The error message is not about
pair_modify tail but neigh_modify exclude. I don’t see that command
in your input script. Stan may have an idea.

Steve