help please

Dear friends,

I am Arun Shankar , project associate at Indian Institute of Technology Madras , India . I presume that my work needs LAMMPS simulation – I donot know if any other software can be used . I am new to this software , and as my ubuntu OS version has crashed, I can use LAMMPS only from windows . I have downloaded the package and installed it . But , I am not able to find any resources as to how to create an input file from scratch . It would be helpful for me if someone could send me a sample file and explain a few things , from which point I may be able to manage on my own . Also , I want to know whether

== LAMMPS can be used to simulate reactions at the nano/molecular level (all three phases of solid ,liquid and gas)

== the output of a LAMMPS simulation can be used as an input for a second simulation run

If you require more details as to what I am specifically trying to do , please mail me . Thanks and regards,

Dear friends,

I am Arun Shankar , project associate at Indian Institute of Technology Madras , India . I presume that my work needs LAMMPS simulation – I donot know if any other software can be used . I am new to this software , and as my ubuntu OS version has crashed, I can use LAMMPS only from windows . I have downloaded the package and installed it . But , I am not able to find any resources as to how to create an input file from scratch .

You can find plenty of input files from YOURLAMMPSDIR/examples directory. Choose one that is the most relevant to your work and start from there.

It would be helpful for me if someone could send me a sample file and explain a few things , from which point I may be able to manage on my own . Also , I want to know whether

== LAMMPS can be used to simulate reactions at the nano/molecular level (all three phases of solid ,liquid and gas)

Look in the Literature to see how people have simulated these and then read the LAMMPS manual carefully to see if those can be done.

== the output of a LAMMPS simulation can be used as an input for a second simulation run

LAMMPS has plenty of commands to do that. Please see the manual for more info.

Ray