Help to run the file at the last configuration.

Dear Lammps user,

I have run a file for energy minimization and equilibration for CSH model successfully. The energy plot shows that convergence is attained. Now, I want to run for a deformation to obtain the stress-strain curve from the last configuration. My question is how do I run the file from the last configuration without re-run the code for energy-minimization and equilibration?

Dear Lammps user,

I have run a file for energy minimization and equilibration for CSH model successfully. The energy plot shows that convergence is attained. Now, I want to run for a deformation to obtain the stress-strain curve from the last configuration. My question is how do I run the file from the last configuration without re-run the code for energy-minimization and equilibration?

please use write_restart or write_data to store your final configuration (with velocities included) and then read_restart or read_data, respectively, to continue.
please study the documentation for each of the commands for additional information. data files are more flexible and portable, but also contain less information. whether this is a good thing or not, depends on the circumstances and personal preferences.

axel.

Thanks a lot.