How to stop long-rang interaction between two groups

Dear Lammps User

I am new at LAMMPS and doing a simulation of a mixture of two organic solvent, water ions including two oppositely charged surface.( LAMMPS version 11 Aug 2017) Since my system including charged particle I am using long rang interaction with TIP4P water model. Now I would like to stop the long range interaction between two charged groups. I tried neigh_modify exclude command but I think this command is not appropriate for charged systems. I am wondering if there is any other way present in LAMMPS to stop the long-rang interaction between two charged groups?

Regard
Jose

Dear Lammps User

I am new at LAMMPS and doing a simulation of a mixture of two organic solvent, water ions including two oppositely charged surface.( LAMMPS version 11 Aug 2017) Since my system including charged particle I am using long rang interaction with TIP4P water model. Now I would like to stop the long range interaction between two charged groups. I tried neigh_modify exclude command but I think this command is not appropriate for charged systems.

neigh_modify exclude only works on the real-space parts coulomb. thus
it *can* be applied to systems with charged particles, but it *cannot*
work for long-range coulomb.

I am wondering if there is any other way present in LAMMPS to stop the long-rang interaction between two charged groups?

i cannot think of any. what do you want to remove those interactions for?

axel.