Include the reax pacakge in your LAMMPS build

Dear Steve

I have doubt in how do I include the reax pacakge in the LAMMPS build?

make yes-reax

make g++

Where do I include both this line into?

I would be greatly appreciative of your help!

Thank you so much in advance! :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Bee

Those are commands you type at the command line, to
build LAMMPS. I suggest you read Section start of the
manual, which goes thru this a step at a time.

Steve

Dear Steve

I have read the website http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/Section_start.html#start_3

But I still have some doubt about it. I have followed the instructions to download the openmpi and ftt library. However, there are so many sub-folders inside.

For instance I tried to run the Makefile.mk in src\mpi folder, I get error output file like this,

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 8: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 8: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 9: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 9: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 10: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 10: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 11: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 11: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 12: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 12: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 13: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 13: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 14: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 14: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 15: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 15: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 16: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 16: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 17: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 17: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 18: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 18: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 19: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 19: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 20: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 20: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 21: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 21: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 22: top_srcdir: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 22: include: command not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1550395.hpcheadnode.SC: line 59: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I just want to include the reax package but I can’t seem to do it.

Also, I saw this Makefile.openmpi file in the LAMMPS package. Under src\MAKE folder, would that be possibly useful?

I would really hope to get some useful advice from you. I would be really greatly appreciative for your time and effort! :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Bee

Dear Steve

I have read the website
http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/Section_start.html#start_3

But I still have some doubt about it. I have followed the instructions to
download the openmpi and ftt library. However, there are so many
sub-folders inside.

For instance I tried to run the Makefile.mk in src\mpi folder, I get error
output file like this,

you appear to have no knowledge/understanding of doing compilation
under linux, yet that is a prerequisite. please find somebody local that
can help you. nobody here has the time to give you are personal
consultation on how to compile an application on a parallel linux machine.

axel.

Both MPI and FFTW are typically built on a Linux box by
simply typing "./configure; make" in their home dirs.

As Axel said, you probably want a Linux savvy person to
help you, if this does not make sense.

Steve