Inconsistency on the package included in the official Windows build

Hi!

In the Section 2.3 of the online documentation there’s a line like this:

The LAMMPS binaries contain all optional packages included in the source distribution except: KIM, KOKKOS, MSCG, PYTHON, ADIOS, H5MD, NETCDF, QMMM, ML-QUIP, and VTK.

but when I click into the download page LAMMPS Windows Installer Repository there is a slightly different list:

The LAMMPS binaries contain all optional packages included in the source distribution except:

• ADIOS (requires an external library),
  • H5MD (requires an external library),
  • KIM (not fully ported to Windows),
  • ML-PACE (available as plugin),
  • ML-QUIP (not fully ported to Windows),
  • MSCG (requires an external library),
  • NETCDF (requires an external library),
  • PLUMED (not fully ported to Windows),
  • QMMM (only useful when linking to a QM software),
  • SCAFACOS (requires an external library).
  • VTK (requires an external library).

I have no idea but maybe one of them is outdated and should be updated.

Personally I’m looking for the PLUMED package; it’s seemingly included according to the main documentation, but not according to the download page. (It turns out that PLUMED is not included.)

Thanks!

The documentation on the repository page is the most up-to-date one.
PLUMED is not available on Windows with LAMMPS. I have not been able to build it with the LAMMPS cross-compilation build environment.

These days this is not much of a limitation, since you can always install Linux inside a virtual machine or use the Windows subsystem for Linux and build and use a Linux executable on Windows.

Thanks for the response.

These days this is not much of a limitation, since you can always install Linux inside a virtual machine or use the Windows subsystem for Linux and build and use a Linux executable on Windows.

I’m going to try it out.