install LAMMPS GPU based on ubuntu 16.04 desktop version

Dear lammps Users

I am trying to install lammps-31Mar17 GPU on Ubuntu 16.04 desktop version.( GPU version is Nvidia Geforce Titan XP)

First of all,I have installed the CUDA9.2 on my ubuntu system.Does anyone know CUDA9.2 is good to my situation? Do I need to install CUDA 9.0 ?

Still.I have not found the current way to install LAMMPS GPU for Ubuntu 16.04 desktop version?Could anyone give me any hints for this?

Thank you very much~

Liyi Bai

I have successfully installed LAMMPS GPU - both with CMake and Make, for gcc/6.4.0 + CUDA 9.0/CUDA9.2 on both my systems (laptop and desktop). One runs 16.04.3, the other runs 18.04.

It’s hard to give advice or hints without knowing where and how you fail - more detailed response would be needed.

That say, the LAMMPS version I used was from the latest commit on github.com/lammps/lammps. 31Mar17 is quite old - 13Mar18 is the latest one.

Thank,
QT

I have successfully installed LAMMPS GPU - both with CMake and Make, for gcc/6.4.0 + CUDA 9.0/CUDA9.2 on both my systems (laptop and desktop). One runs 16.04.3, the other runs 18.04.

It’s hard to give advice or hints without knowing where and how you fail - more detailed response would be needed.

That say, the LAMMPS version I used was from the latest commit on github.com/lammps/lammps. 31Mar17 is quite old - 13Mar18 is the latest one.

​correction: the latest stable LAMMPS version is 16 March 2018, the very latest patch release is 16 July 2018.

axel.​

Hi,

Fixed the date - thanks!

Steve