Install lammps with clmath

when replying to answers, please *always* reply to the mailing list as well.
please also have the respect to *read* what the reply says and answer
any questions instead of just restating what you already said in your
first e-mail (only in more - and utterly pointless - detail).

i repeat. you are not likely to see any acceleration for a number of
reasons. on the contrary.

darl axel:
      I just want to AMD GPU accelerated computing realized by replacing the
FFTW file, I see AMD CLMATH is based GPU performed before, so to see whether
another GPU computing to achieve through this method, because I have a lot
of low-end AMD graphics cards, think try such methods, rational use what

no. it make no sense, specifically not on low-end hardware.

if you absolutely want to try using GPU acceleration, at the very
least you should try speeding up parts of LAMMPS that are more
susceptible to GPU acceleration like pair styles. the GPU package
supports compilation with OpenCL and that has been tested successfully
on some AMD hardware.

resources. However, this problem occurs during compilation, because the
docking between the two has not been achieved, or because I did not set
good? ? Thank you very much! !

i cannot read chinese error messages, but it looks like you are doing
something that is not very smart.

axel.

I’m so sorry, I was a novice, this is the error message, there should be no problems related to the environment, and I’m not sure is the interface between the two is not wrong? Do I need to modify Lammps code?
ERROR:
make linux
make[1]: Entering directory /home/zpg/Downloads/lammps-30Oct13/src/Obj_linux' mpicc -O -DLAMMPS_GZIP -DLAMMPS_JPEG -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DFFT_FFTW -I/home/zpg/Downloads/clFFT-develop/src/include/ -I/opt/AMDAPP/include/ -c ../fft3d.cpp In file included from ../fft3d.cpp:25: ../fft3d.h:214: error: ‘FFTW_COMPLEX’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:250: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘FFT_DATA’ with no type ../fft3d.h:250: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token ../fft3d.h:251: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘FFT_DATA’ with no type ../fft3d.h:251: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token ../fft3d.h:292: error: ‘fftw_plan’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:293: error: ‘fftw_plan’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:294: error: ‘fftw_plan’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:295: error: ‘fftw_plan’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:296: error: ‘fftw_plan’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:297: error: ‘fftw_plan’ does not name a type ../fft3d.h:318: error: variable or field ‘fft_3d’ declared void ../fft3d.h:318: error: ‘FFT_DATA’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.h:318: error: expected primary-expression before ‘,’ token ../fft3d.h:318: error: ‘FFT_DATA’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.h:318: error: expected primary-expression before ‘,’ token ../fft3d.h:318: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’ ../fft3d.h:318: error: expected primary-expression before ‘struct’ ../fft3d.h:326: error: variable or field ‘fft_1d_only’ declared void ../fft3d.h:326: error: ‘FFT_DATA’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.h:326: error: expected primary-expression before ‘,’ token ../fft3d.h:326: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’ ../fft3d.h:326: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’ ../fft3d.h:326: error: expected primary-expression before ‘struct’ ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: variable or field ‘fft_3d’ declared void ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: ‘FFT_DATA’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: ‘in’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: ‘FFT_DATA’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: ‘out’ was not declared in this scope ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’ ../fft3d.cpp:66: error: expected primary-expression before ‘struct’ make[1]: *** [fft3d.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/zpg/Downloads/lammps-30Oct13/src/Obj_linux’
make: *** [linux] Error 2

I'm so sorry, I was a novice, this is the error message, there should be no
problems related to the environment, and I'm not sure is the interface
between the two is not wrong? Do I need to modify Lammps code?

if you don't know these things, you should not try to do what you are
trying to do.

but as i told you twice already: it is not worth spending any time on
it for the reasons i already told you.

axel.

When you compile LAMMPS with -DFFT_FFTW it makes
calls to specific functions provided by the FFTW library.
These are defined in fftw.h and provided in libfftw.a.

Unless the AMD lib and header file are exactly compatible
with the interface that FFTW provides, what you are doing
won’t work.

Steve

Thank you very much for your reply, then the moment, lammps compatible in this respect have not done it? Personal manually corrected if the workload it?

Thank you very much for your reply, then the moment, lammps compatible in
this respect have not done it? Personal manually corrected if the workload
it?

yes, you are correct. lammps is not compatible with people that want
to do use- and pointless things without knowing what they are doing.

axel.

Hi, folk,

Although there are "goverments" both in china and the united states, it could be
very difficult to replace the one here with a goverment like that in the united
states, and vice versa (^o^) <===.

huiqun zhou