Installation error

Dear all lammps user,
Greetings!
During the recompilation i got the following error. looking forward for your suggestions.
Error is:

make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src/STUBS’
make[1]: ‘libmpi_stubs.a’ is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src/STUBS’
Gathering installed package information (may take a little while)
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src’
Gathering git version information
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src’
Compiling LAMMPS for machine serial
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src/Obj_serial’
Makefile.package.settings:13: …/…/lib/mscg/Makefile.lammps: No such file or directory
…/…/lib/quip/Makefile.lammps:17: *** Environment or make variable QUIP_ROOT must be set… Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src/Obj_serial’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src/Obj_serial’
Makefile.package.settings:13: …/…/lib/mscg/Makefile.lammps: No such file or directory
…/…/lib/quip/Makefile.lammps:17: *** Environment or make variable QUIP_ROOT must be set… Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/chemistry/Downloads/lammps-29Sep2021/src/Obj_serial’
Makefile:373: recipe for target ‘serial’ failed
make: *** [serial] Error 2

thank you
with kind regards
pooja

Please see my comments on your previous post.
You installed LAMMPS packages without following the instructions. Some of the packages require downloading and compiling additional libraries and then editing files in a subfolder of the lib folder and sometimes also creating symbolic links.

When using the traditional make build system, these steps have to be done before installing packages in src. Details are in the manual.

If you are unfamiliar with compiling from source and editing makefiles and so on, we recommend using the cmake build system which will autodetect many settings and produce error during the configuration stage of something is missing. Most importantly it does configuration and compilation in one step. It still requires following the instructions in the manual for specific packages, though.

Thank you for giving the constructive suggestion. I’ll try