Installed NO: package USER-AWPMD
Installed NO: package USER-CG-CMM
Installed NO: package USER-CUDA
Installed NO: package USER-EFF
Installed NO: package USER-EWALDN
Installed NO: package USER-OMP
Installed NO: package USER-REAXC
Installed NO: package USER-SPH
[root@…436… src] make serial grep: improper_*.h: No such file or directory make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nav/mylammps/src/Obj_serial' g++ -O -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I../STUBS -c force.cpp In file included from style_kspace.h:1, from force.cpp:24: pppm_gpu_double.h:23:22: error: pppm_gpu.h: No such file or directory pppm_gpu_double.h:28: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token pppm_gpu_double.h:28: error: expected `{' before ‘<’ token pppm_gpu_double.h:28: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token pppm_gpu_single.h:28: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token pppm_gpu_single.h:28: error: expected `{' before ‘<’ token pppm_gpu_single.h:28: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token pppm_gpu_double.h: In member function ‘void LAMMPS_NS::Force::create_kspace(int, char**)’: pppm_gpu_double.h:16: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘class LAMMPS_NS::PPPMGPUDouble’ pppm_gpu_double.h:28: error: forward declaration of ‘class LAMMPS_NS::PPPMGPUDouble’ pppm_gpu_single.h:16: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘class LAMMPS_NS::PPPMGPUSingle’ pppm_gpu_single.h:28: error: forward declaration of ‘class LAMMPS_NS::PPPMGPUSingle’ make[1]: *** [force.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nav/mylammps/src/Obj_serial' make: *** [serial] Error 2 [[email protected]... src]

thanking you
Naveen

You might try downloading the standard tarball from the LAMMPS webpage instead of the SVN version. See:

http://lammps.sandia.gov/download.html

Specifically, the “Current C++ version source tarball”.

Paul

Dear Paul,

I tried as u said, but err persists! the console out put is as bellow,

naveen,

svn should have told you when updating
that you had a conflict, which you need
to resolve. this also means that you have
likely changed the sources in some way
before updating. this will result in
<<<<<<< and >>>>> markers in the sources.

the best way to deal with this is to either
do a clean checkout, or delete the affected
files and update again.

i highly recommend also reading about how
svn works, when you use it.

cheers,
    axel.

The files from which the error comes are actually leftovers from an earlier version. There is only pppm_gpu.h and pppm_gpu.cpp anymore (not the _single and _double variants). Since those files were added by the install process to the src directory (upon doing make yes-GPU) they were not deleted when you updated the SVN repository. Only the original files in src/GPU were deleted. But since the update changed the src/GPU/Install.sh the automatic package installer wont remove those files anymore as well (the new Installs.sh doesnt know these two leftover files). What you can do is: make -no all, delete all *cpp and *h files in src/ and update your repository again. After that install all packages you want again (i.e. make yes-GPU).

Cheers
Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------