Lammps crash

Dear all,
I can not run any input file on a new PC, (the “it stopped working” error), I have tested the input file on many other systems and it worked well, So I m guessing there is some problem with the hardware of the new PC.
What is the minimum requirements of the hardware for running lammps?

(also it runs some few commands as stated in the log file and then crashes apparently)

Thanks,

Mohammad Rezaee

Dear all,
I can not run any input file on a new PC, (the “it stopped working” error), I have tested the input file on many other systems and it worked well, So I m guessing there is some problem with the hardware of the new PC.
What is the minimum requirements of the hardware for running lammps?

LAMMPS assumes a 32-bit or 64-bit CPU, but other than that, you can run LAMMPS pretty much anywhere with a C++ compiler.

axel.

Thank you for your answer,

Is having a high performance graphics card necessary? The new PC has a basic one.
CPU and RAM are normal and enough I assume, Can the problem be the GPU?

Mohammad,

Thank you for your answer,

Is having a high performance graphics card necessary?

only if you are requesting to use GPU acceleration on style that supports it and the GPU is not fully supported. you would get a corresponding error message.

The new PC has a basic one.
CPU and RAM are normal and enough I assume, Can the problem be the GPU?

LAMMPS is a text mode application and thus will function with any GPU. it can even be run over a serial console, i.e. in machines without a GPU.

axel.