Lammps installation - Distribution -12Jun-12

Hi all,
       i was using LAMMPS distribution from July-29-2011 and was running without any problems.
Today, i saw that new update and tried to install it but could not succeed.
I infact used the same Makefile i had before to compile for it.
But for some reasons it is not working.

Here is what i get when i tried to compile lammps

metadyn.cpp:1120:1: error: expected unqualified-id before ?{? token
make[1]: *** [metadyn.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shivan-un/software/lammps-12Jun12/src/Obj_linux-ubuntu'
make: *** [linux-ubuntu] Error 2

Inaddition to it, i get some more errors during compilation

Could someone help me to sort this

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Naresh

Hi all,
i was using LAMMPS distribution from July-29-2011 and was running without any problems.
Today, i saw that new update and tried to install it but could not succeed.
I infact used the same Makefile i had before to compile for it.
But for some reasons it is not working.

Here is what i get when i tried to compile lammps

metadyn.cpp:1120:1: error: expected unqualified-id before ?{? token
make[1]: *** [metadyn.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shivan-un/software/lammps-12Jun12/src/Obj_linux-ubuntu'
make: *** [linux-ubuntu] Error 2

there is no file metadyn.cpp in the lammps distribution.

i can only assume it is from some external add-on.
you need to contact whoever wrote that code.

not a lammps issue.

axel.

Hi again,
I uninstalled the metadynamics module and tried to install the
LAMMPS distribution alone with no other additional module.But still i get an error message.
Here is the error what i get

angle_charmm.o: In function `Intracomm':
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25: undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
angle_charmm.o: In function `MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool)':
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/op_inln.h:122: undefined reference to `ompi_mpi_cxx_op_intercept'
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm_inln.h:23: undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm.h:25: undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
angle_charmm.o:/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm_inln.h:23: more undefined references to `MPI::Comm::Comm()' follow
angle_charmm.o:(.rodata._ZTVN3MPI3WinE[vtable for MPI::Win]+0x24): undefined reference to `MPI::Win::Free()'
angle_charmm.o:(.rodata._ZTVN3MPI8DatatypeE[vtable for MPI::Datatype]+0x3c): undefined reference to `MPI::Datatype::Free()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../lmp_lin-ubu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shivan-un/software/lammps-12Jun12/src/Obj_lin-ubu'
make: *** [lin-ubu] Error 2

But i am using the same makefile i had before. should i have create a new makefile and try it.

thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Naresh

Hi again,
I uninstalled the metadynamics module and tried to install the
LAMMPS distribution alone with no other additional module.But still i get an error message.
Here is the error what i get

angle_charmm.o: In function `MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool)':
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/op_inln.h:122: undefined reference to `ompi_mpi_cxx_op_intercept'
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm_inln.h:23: undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'
angle_charmm.o:/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/intracomm_inln.h:23: more undefined references to `MPI::Comm::Comm()' follow
angle_charmm.o:(.rodata._ZTVN3MPI3WinE[vtable for MPI::Win]+0x24): undefined reference to `MPI::Win::Free()'
angle_charmm.o:(.rodata._ZTVN3MPI8DatatypeE[vtable for MPI::Datatype]+0x3c): undefined reference to `MPI::Datatype::Free()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../lmp_lin-ubu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shivan-un/software/lammps-12Jun12/src/Obj_lin-ubu'
make: *** [lin-ubu] Error 2

But i am using the same makefile i had before. should i have create a new makefile and try it.

this looks like you compiled with the C++ MPI compiler wrapper
and linked with the C MPI compiler wrapper

LAMMPS doesn't use the C++ interface to MPI and it can be disabled
with -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 and -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX
for OpenMPI and MPICH, respectively.

the make system in LAMMPS has seen small changes over time.
it would be better if you adapted your system specific settings to
one of the provided makefiles.

axel.

Hi Axel,
        Thanks for the information.
That solved the installation issue.

Regards
Naresh