[lammps-users] bond_coeff

Hello everybody:
I am trying to use:" bond_style fene" with the coeff of N( bond type) K, R0, epsilon and sigma ( my case: bond _coeff 1 5 1.5 1 1). I used the manual and it is not clear about :bond_coeff command. I use: " bond_coeff N K R0 epsilon sigma" command with the numeric values of these coeffs but the error is:" incorrect args for bond coeffiecients"!
I hope to hear back your comments and reply that what is correct args for bond-style fene command.
THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Fateme

Hi Fatemeh
you need to also specify which atoms are bonded in an input file rad the Bonds section in the Manuel on how to make an input file i.e if you have 4 atoms that are each bonded together you will have something like
Bonds
1(atom id) 1(atom type) 1 2 (which mean that atom 1 is bonded to atom 2)
       Tal
Esfandiarinia, Fatemeh N wrote:

Hello everybody:
I am trying to use:" bond_style fene" with the coeff of N( bond type) K, R0, epsilon and sigma ( my case: bond _coeff 1 5 1.5 1 1). I used the manual and it is not clear about :bond_coeff command. I use: " bond_coeff N K R0 epsilon sigma" command with the numeric values of these coeffs but the error is:" incorrect args for bond coeffiecients"!

please produce a (small!) complete input that reproduces your
problem. most likely the error is elsewhere, or you are not quoting
your input correctly.

axel.

The bench/in.chain file has an example of using this bond style correctly.

Steve

Thanks Steve and Tal, I checked in.chain and now I am sure that the problem is not the coefficients!
Axel:
as you said the error is elsewhere!
Thanks
Fateme