[lammps-users] Can the "fix thermal/conductivity" be used in the restart file to continue the heat flux calculation ?

Dear all,

I wonder if the “fix thermal/conductivity” can be used in the restart file to continue the heat flux calculation from where it left off. I have noticed that No information about this fix is written to binary restart files, which has been mentioned in LAMMPS Documentation. But if I write a fix thermal/conductivity with the same ID in the restart file, the output value of the heat flux calculation by the command of fix thermal/conductivity will start from zero , not continue from the value where it left off.

How can I do?

Thanks!

KAVIANY

I have noticed that No information about this fix is written to binary restart files, which has been mentioned in LAMMPS >Documentation.

But if I write a fix thermal/conductivity with the same ID in the restart file, the output value of the heat flux calculation by >the command of fix thermal/conductivity will start from zero , not continue from the value where it left off.

These 2 statements are consistent. To do what you ask, code would have to be
added to the fix to save that quantity across restarts. You can always just
add the 2 numbers from 2 successive runs yourself.

Steve