[lammps-users] cylinder wall

Hi,

This is shihai feng from Los Alamos National Lab. I am trying to use lammps to run 3D simulations with a cylinder or two spheres as global simulation domain. I am not using granular model as my atom_style. I think in the granular model, there is an option for cylinder wall. Unfortunately, my atom_style is atoms.

At the beginning of my simulations, I can generate atoms in the cylinder or spheres by using region commend. But I don’t know how to keep them in the cylinder or spheres during the simulations since the atoms must be allowed to freely moving inside the domain.

Basically, I don’t know how to impose wall/reflect or periodic boundary on my cylinder wall or sphere wall. I don’t even know how to define a cylinder wall or sphere wall so I can use wall/reflect or periodic boundary on them.

Is it possible for lammps to do that? Would you please help me at your convenience? If it is possible, would please give a hint? If lammps currently can’t do it, do you think this function can be added in the near future?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Shihai