[lammps-users] Floating Point Exception: Fix Gyration

Hi,

I am using an old version of lammps (Jul17 2006) to model self-assembly of copolymer under shear. In order to calculate the radius of gyration I compile src after adding fix_gyration to the source, which was not included in that version.
Initially I did not apply the command of fix_gyration and it went well. However with the use of this fix command floating point exception occured at the very beginning of the calculation. I can not figure out why this happens. Would you please offer me some advice? (The fix_gyration source is coming from a later version.)

Sincerely,

Zhao Weilong
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering
University of Science and Technology of China
Hefei, Anhui, PRC

Hi,

I am using an old version of lammps (Jul17 2006) to model self-assembly of copolymer under shear. In order to calculate the radius of gyration I compile src after adding fix_gyration to the source, which was not included in that version.
Initially I did not apply the command of fix_gyration and it went well. However with the use of this fix command floating point exception occured at the very beginning of the calculation. I can not figure out why this happens. Would you please offer me some advice? (The fix_gyration source is coming from a later version.)

update to the current version of lammps and try again.
nobody will want to spend time on fixing bugs in a
hodge podge of old code. if you don't want to do this,
you are on your own.

cheers,
   axel.

You're putting a file from the current version of LAMMPS into a 4-year old
version, and it isn't working? I'd be more surprised if it did work.
Please just download and try out the current version.

Steve