[lammps-users] MD simulation of Metallic glass nanocomposites

Dear Lammps user,
I am new to Lammps simulation. Currently, I am trying to create and simulate Zr60Cu30Al10 this metallic glass.
How Can I build the structure?
How can I found the mechanical properties of this glass?

Dear Lammps user,
I am new to Lammps simulation. Currently, I am trying to create and simulate Zr60Cu30Al10 this metallic glass.

you should look up suitable procedures to produce a metallic glass in the published literature describing simulation studies of such systems. the protocol for such procedures is not specific to any MD simulation program and thus considered off-topic for this mailinglist.

there are some ways to construct (simple) geometries in LAMMPS itself (using create_atoms) and you may use external tools and import a suitably created data file. https://lammps.sandia.gov/prepost.html

again, this is not really a LAMMPS issue but a question about how to conduct your research. that is something you need to discuss/plan with your adviser/supervisor and for that you should survey the published literature what others have done to obtain the properties you desire from MD simulations.

axel.

Dear Lammps user,

Start from a pure phase crystalline lattice, replace some of the atoms to make the desired alloy component, then use the melt-and-quench method.

From the equilibrated structure, use the ELASTIC script.

Note this mailing list cannot serve as your advisor. You need to ask more specific LAMMPS questions.

Ray