[lammps-users] 'mpiexec.exe'is not recognized as an internal or extarnal command

Dear lammps users:

I have been able to run the lammps of parallel computing with windows XP operating system. And I also installed it on system Vista. But when I run the parallel lammps, it was clewed that “'mpiexec.exe’is not recognized as an internal or extarnal command, operable program or batch file.”

Would you please tell me the reason and how I could solve the problem? I’ll appreciate it.

I would read the MPI manuals for how it works on Windows
to launch an MPI job. Normally, on Linux machines, it's
an mpirun command.

Steve

2010/5/20 Woeser <[email protected]...>:

2010/5/20 Woeser <502988506@…1204…>

Dear lammps users:

I have been able to run the lammps of parallel computing with windows XP operating system. And I also installed it on system Vista. But when I run the parallel lammps, it was clewed that “'mpiexec.exe’is not recognized as an internal or extarnal command, operable program or batch file.”

Would you please tell me the reason and how I could solve the problem? I’ll appreciate it.

The command tells you the problem: the operating system doesn’t know where to find “mpiexec.exe”, either because it’s not installed, or it’s not on the system path. Since I don’t think MPI is part of Windows Vista, that means you need to install it yourself, if you haven’t already done so. If you have installed it, then you need to make sure that the Windows PATH variable is correctly set to include the directory containing mpiexec.exe.

–AEI