[lammps-users] Problems on parallel compilation

Dear users

Thanks for your help. The previous problem has been solved, which is due to fftw. This time I used fftw2.1.5.

I found a very interesting phenomenon: the tag ‘-g’ in the lines CCFLAGS and LINKFLAGS seems to have no impact on the compilation of lammps, but the difference is in the size of the executable file. The one with ‘-g’ is larger than that without ‘-g’.

2009/3/24 Jiaye, Li <jameslipd@…24…>

Dear users

Thanks for your help. The previous problem has been solved, which is due to fftw. This time I used fftw2.1.5.

I found a very interesting phenomenon: the tag ‘-g’ in the lines CCFLAGS and LINKFLAGS seems to have no impact on the compilation of lammps, but the difference is in the size of the executable file. The one with ‘-g’ is larger than that without ‘-g’.

Dear Li:

The reason the executable with the “-g” option is larger than the one without is that the gcc/g++ compiler includes debugging information for use with gdb (or other programs) when the “-g” flag is included.

(See the man page for gcc to see a complete list of all the possible flags that can be passed to the compiler.)

–AEI