loop

Dear all,
I have a question regarding the loop inside LAMMPS.
I have input script where a binary restart file is read by read_restart command. Now the new restart file which will be generated after running the input script, I want to use it as next restart file in the same input script and I want to get it as a loop. Anyone of you have any suggestions?
With best regards,
Pritam

Dear all,
I have a question regarding the loop inside LAMMPS.
I have input script where a binary restart file is read by read_restart command. Now the new restart file which will be generated after running the input script, I want to use it as next restart file in the same input script and I want to get it as a loop. Anyone of you have any suggestions?

why read the restart all over again, when essentially you are just
continuing the simulation?

As we apply cyclic strain (which is not sin function), we need to use the restart file every end of the cycle. So, we can not continue the simulations directly. Basically the input script will be in a loop.
Pritam

As we apply cyclic strain (which is not sin function), we need to use the restart file every end of the cycle. So, we can not continue the simulations directly. Basically the input script will be in a loop.

well, that is a different description from what you wrote initially.
so where exactly is your problem here? what have you tried and what didn't work?

there are examples for loops in the manual and example inputs using
loops. just go ahead and study them.

axel.

Dear Axel,
Thank you. The example inputs are helpful.
Best
Pritam