Lost connection

Dear lammps-user,
I’m trying to run simulation remotely, using ssh command. My problem is that when my pc and the other one loose the connection between each other, the simulation stops running on the remote server. The exact error i get is “packet_write_wait: Connection to xxxxxxxxxx port xx: Broken pipe”.
I tried to use the command “lammps -in xxxx > out” and also tmux/screen to detatch from sessions, but still i get the same problem.

As anyone experienced similar issues? Making some research i found some people trying stuffs like sending keep alive messages to keep the connection or other solutions. Do you have any suggestion?

I’m using lammps 22-Aug-18 on Ubuntu installed in OracleVM Virtualbox.

Kind regards

Dear lammps-user,
I'm trying to run simulation remotely, using ssh command. My problem is that when my pc and the other one loose the connection between each other, the simulation stops running on the remote server. The exact error i get is "packet_write_wait: Connection to xxxxxxxxxx port xx: Broken pipe".
I tried to use the command "lammps -in xxxx > out" and also tmux/screen to detatch from sessions, but still i get the same problem.

have you tried putting a "nohup" in front of the command and an "&" after it?

axel.