minimize

hello, everyone

I encountered a strange phenomenon, there are two kinds of solvent molecules with two regions in a box. after minimizing, Discover the phenomenon that one of solvent molecules split off on both sides, with gaps in the middle by visualizing the data file. And after the running continues to maintain this phenomenon

So I run this solvent alone to look for the cause, i found that If I use this nve/limit command to push away the overlapping atoms, it will produce the same phenomenon. but i only use the minimize optimization with it , it dosen’t produce this case .
THIS IS WHY?
I have checked the coeff , it have no problem. What causes this phenomenon ?
Looking forward to your reply, thank you

with regards

hello, everyone

I encountered a strange phenomenon, there are two kinds of solvent molecules with two regions in a box. after minimizing, Discover the phenomenon that one of solvent molecules split off on both sides, with gaps in the middle by visualizing the data file. And after the running continues to maintain this phenomenon

So I run this solvent alone to look for the cause, i found that If I use this nve/limit command to push away the overlapping atoms, it will produce the same phenomenon. but i only use the minimize optimization with it , it dosen’t produce this case .
THIS IS WHY?
I have checked the coeff , it have no problem. What causes this phenomenon ?

impossible to say in this generality. could be something is wrong in your input. could be a problem of your topology. could be just a visualization problem.

axel.

thanks very much for your reply