Mixing two force field question

Dear users,

I have a question on mixing two force field. I want to simulate of ZnO with biomolecule. So I am using reaxff for ZnO and charmm for biomolecule. Is it possible to study the system in this way? The doubt is- atom style for ZnO is charge which does not allowed any bonds, angles etc. but atom style for biomolecule is charmm which has atom style full. So there would be some mismatch I think. Is there any way to study the system? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Sasthi

Dear users,

I have a question on mixing two force field. I want to simulate of ZnO with biomolecule. So I am using reaxff for ZnO and charmm for biomolecule. Is it possible to study the system in this way? The doubt is- atom style for ZnO is charge which does not allowed any bonds, angles etc. but atom style for biomolecule is charmm which has atom style full. So there would be some mismatch I think. Is there any way to study the system? Any help would be appreciated.

there have been plenty of discussions about the merits and shortcomings of a setup that you are proposing. please search through the mailing list archives to learn what was said before, so people don’t have to repeat is (over and over again). thanks, axel.