New user.....

Hi,
I am phd student and new user of LAMMPS. I am following the tutorials to run cmd and type the command with the same way as they explained there like "lmp_win_no-mpi < calc_fcc.in". I copied the input script from tutorial and paste it in text file. When I run it on cmd it deosn't find the input script in my folder. Can you please send me some small file and guide me how to write the command in cmd.
The other problem I have everything in downloads when i am trying to copy it on desktop it doesn't find the path. I typed it like this 'cd h:/desktop'. Please help me in my group nobody knows about LAMMPS and Simulation.

Best,
Gurpreet Dhindsa.

Hi,
I am phd student and new user of LAMMPS. I am following the tutorials to run cmd and type the command with the same way as they explained there like "lmp_win_no-mpi < calc_fcc.in". I copied the input script from tutorial and paste it in text file. When I run it on cmd it deosn't find the input script in my folder. Can you please send me some small file and guide me how to write the command in cmd.

you may be better off using one of the the windows installers packages
from here:
http://git.icms.temple.edu/rpm/windows.html

other than that, there are online tutorials, there is the manual (with
lots of details) and you have the examples that are bundled in either
the aforementioned installer packages or if you download the

The other problem I have everything in downloads when i am trying to copy it on desktop it doesn't find the path. I typed it like this 'cd h:/desktop'. Please help me in my group nobody knows about LAMMPS and Simulation.

the problems you are describing don't seem to be very LAMMPS specific,
but more a general problem that you have with running text mode
programs on windows. that means, that you'd rather need to talk to a
windows expert (and there are plenty of those everywhere).

axel.

Hi,
I am very thankful that you reply to my message. As you suggested, I already installed it from windows installer packages and follow the online tutorials. All of my files are in downloads. Still, I am facing the same problem. On cmd I type lmp < calc_fcc.in and it shows 'The system cannot find the file specified'. This is the first step, I can't proceed ahead. I don't understand my file is there why it doesn't find the file over there. I also tried some other input scripts but it shows me same message. Please help me, I would greatly appreciate for your help.

Thanks,
Gurpreet Dhindsa.