nocoeff option in write_data results in error in modified version of LAMMPS

I am using a modified version of LAMMPS. They just told me to use this in the place where I work, so I have to stick with it. They modified a potential and created some routine to simulate a certain “reaction” between particles.

Everything work just fine, but when I try to add the option “nocoeff” in the write_data command, the following error message appears:

ERROR: Invalid command-line argument (…/lammps.cpp:242)

Is it possible that the write_data source file has been modified in some way? Any idea on how I can solve this problem? I am a newbie to LAMMPS so I am not familiar with many things. Moreover, as I said, I sadly have to stick with this modified version…

Thanks in advance,

Valerio

Sorry, the correct error is

ERROR: Illegal write_data command (…/write_data.cpp:89)

pasted the wrong thing…

It is impossible for us to know what changes someone might have done to LAMMPS. But the error message you get indicates that it is printed in write_data.cpp on line 89. If you have the source code, you can open that file to investigate what logic caused the error to be thrown.

Anders

Sorry, the correct error is

ERROR: Illegal write_data command (../write_data.cpp:89)

pasted the wrong thing...

this is useless without the version date. most likely you have an
older version of LAMMPS, that doesn't support this feature of the
write_data command.
at any rate, if you have to use a modified version of LAMMPS, complain
to the people that make you do that.

axel.

Sorry, the source code is from 7 sept 2015. So this could indeed be the case (that there is no “nocoeff” option for “write_data” in this version)…