non-movement of MDPD particles in LAMMPS

Hi guys,

I was trying to make simulation that water displaces oil by piston in capillary.

My model have four regions (piston, water, oil and capillary) and I set particles forming piston and capillary regions fixed.

However, the particles inside capillary only moved during the simulation run.

I took a trial and error but still did not know what the problem is.

Please give your explanation or suggestion about 1) make fluid particles (water and oil) move 2) how to set piston movement forcing water.

Thanks.

Changjae

Hi guys,

I was trying to make simulation that water displaces oil by piston in capillary.

My model have four regions (piston, water, oil and capillary) and I set particles forming piston and capillary regions fixed.

However, the particles inside capillary only moved during the simulation run.

I took a trial and error but still did not know what the problem is.

​neither does anybody else.​ chances are you didn’t use LAMMPS correctly.

Please give your explanation or suggestion about 1) make fluid particles (water and oil) move 2) how to set piston movement forcing water.

​sorry, that is too generic a request. you could just as well ask for somebody to do your work for you (and while at it, why not draft the paper, too?).
there is plenty of tutorial material and examples bundled with LAMMPS, posted on the LAMMPS homepage or elsewhere on the web, not to mention the technical sections of publications (or supplemental sections), that nowadays even may contain copies of input decks.

axel.