pair_style hybrid: which version do i need?

Thx for your reply.

I just tried to update my latests lammp using git pull… If you really need to know the error, you can find it at the end of my post (Im not sure if its a bug or if i’ve forgotten something before making…)

you said (Sry, I have no idea how to cite)

​"​
illegal pair style
​ " almost always means that you are using an executable that is missing an optional package and thus the corresponding pair style

In my build i’ve included almost all additional packages and as far as i know the hybrid pair style as well as the table pair style do not need any additional packages.

However, i will delete my lammps and rebuild the latest version.

Thx for ur support. You’re doing a great job :slight_smile:

mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/fix_tune_kspace.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/improper_harmonic.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/improper_hybrid.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/improper_umbrella.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/info.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/input.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/integrate.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/irregular.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/kspace.cpp
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/lammps.cpp
…/improper_harmonic.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void LAMMPS_NS::ImproperHarmonic::read_restart(FILE*)’:
…/improper_harmonic.cpp:280:56: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_harmonic.cpp:281:58: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_umbrella.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void LAMMPS_NS::ImproperUmbrella::read_restart(FILE*)’:
…/improper_umbrella.cpp:302:57: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_umbrella.cpp:303:57: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_umbrella.cpp:304:56: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_hybrid.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void LAMMPS_NS::ImproperHybrid::read_restart(FILE*)’:
…/improper_hybrid.cpp:311:48: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_hybrid.cpp:320:44: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/improper_hybrid.cpp:323:54: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/input.cpp: In member function ‘void LAMMPS_NS::Input::shell()’:
…/input.cpp:1095:18: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int chdir(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/input.cpp:1147:30: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
…/fix_tune_kspace.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void LAMMPS_NS::FixTuneKspace::pre_exchange()’:
…/fix_tune_kspace.cpp:162:31: error: ‘TIME_LOOP’ was not declared in this scope
…/fix_tune_kspace.cpp: In member function ‘double LAMMPS_NS::FixTuneKspace::get_timing_info()’:
…/fix_tune_kspace.cpp:180:30: error: ‘TIME_LOOP’ was not declared in this scope
mpicxx -g -O3 -DLAMMPS_GZIP -I…/…/lib/meam -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -DOMPI_SKIP_MPICXX=1 -c …/lattice.cpp
make[1]: *** [fix_tune_kspace.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eugen/lmp/src/Obj_mpi’
make: *** [mpi] Error 2

Thx for your reply.

I just tried to update my latests lammp using git pull.. If you really
need to know the error, you can find it at the end of my post (Im not sure
if its a bug or if i've forgotten something before making...)

it looks as if ​you didn't do "make package-update". when you do a git pull
the source files in the package directories are updated, but the copies in
the source directory are compiled. if there is a mismatch, compilation can
fail. you can see if there are differences by running "make
package-status". for more details, please re-read the relevant sections of
the documentation and the "Downloads" page on lammps.sandia.gov. it is all
explained.

you said (Sry, I have no idea how to cite)

​"​

illegal pair style
​ " almost always means that you are using an executable that is missing
an optional package and thus the corresponding pair style

In my build i've included almost all additional packages and as far as i
know the hybrid pair style as well as the table pair style do not need any
additional packages.

​eam needs "MANYBODY"

you can verify which styles are available in a LAMMPS binary by running it
with the -h flag. again, please see the documentation for details.​
​if it is not such a case, it can be that you accidentally have grabbed the
wrong executable or that you have a typo in your input.
sometimes typos are not obvious, since LAMMPS reads and parses text input
as ASCII, but - especially - when using cut-n-paste from webbrowsers or
similar, you may get similar looking UTF-8 characters​ where LAMMPS doesn't
recognize that they look the same.

​axel​