Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Modeling of Polymer at the University of Delaware Center for Composite Materials
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position at the University of Delaware Center for Composite Materials (UD-CCM) focused on molecular modeling of polymer materials – PE and Epoxy. The successful applicant will closely work with Dr. Sanjib C Chowdhury and Professor John W Gillespie Jr to predict thermo-mechanical properties of the model materials through molecular dynamics simulations. He/She will also join an interdisciplinary team of faculty, researchers and scientists and have an opportunity to collaborate and work within a major research program - “Materials in Extreme Dynamic Environments (MEDE)” sponsored by US Army Research Laboratory.
- Have a recent Ph.D. in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Have significant experience on molecular modeling of polymer materials through classical molecular dynamics simulations with LAMMPS or related software.
- Have demonstrated capacity to conduct research evidenced by a solid track record of high-quality international peer-reviewed publications.
- Have strong background on polymer physics & polymer chemistry
· Having expertise on ReaxFF, DFT/Ab-initio calculation, thermo-mechanical characterization of polymer, MATLAB and C++ will be plus points.
The position is immediately available. The initial appointment will be for one year. However, it may be extended based on performance and availability of funding.
Interested applicants should send their CV (with list of publications and references) to [email protected]…2437….