Problem with installation of fix_conp.cpp and fix_conp.h

Good day everyone,

I am working with MD simulations for EDLC supercapacitors and I would like to use the fix_conp.cpp and fix_conp.h from https://github.com/zhenxingwang/lammps-conp for my computations.

I have followed the instructions given in the website above namely:

1. I installed lammps-12Dec18
  2. I installed Blas-3.8.0
  3. I installed Lapack-3.8.0 and compiled blas within
  4. I copied libblas.a and liblapack.a to /lammps-12Dec18/lib

My problem starts with adding the library files of LAPACK and BLAS to link flag in LAMMPS Makefile. I am really lost at this part because I don’t know what Makefile should I edit to link flag in lammps. Another thing is, I don’t know how to make a Makefile.lammps in blas or lapack folder.

When I try to run Make on src, the error gives:

fix_conp.o: In function LAMMPS_NS::FixConp::inv()': /home/cathy/MD/lammps-12Dec18/src/Obj_serial/../fix_conp.cpp:937: undefined reference to dgetrf_’
/home/cathy/MD/lammps-12Dec18/src/Obj_serial/…/fix_conp.cpp:939: undefined reference to dgetri_' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../lmp_serial] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/cathy/MD/lammps-12Dec18/src/Obj_serial’
make: *** [serial] Error 2

I have used lammps before for my study on mechanical properties of graphene, however, this is the first time that I will need an external library for my runs.

I hope you can help me. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Cathy

Catherine Joy M. Dela Cruz
PhD Student
Plasma-Material Interactions Laboratory
Energy Engineering Program
University of the Philippines-Diliman
+63928-3133-950

Good day everyone,

I am working with MD simulations for EDLC supercapacitors and I would like to use the fix_conp.cpp and fix_conp.h from https://github.com/zhenxingwang/lammps-conp for my computations.

I have followed the instructions given in the website above namely:

1. I installed lammps-12Dec18
  2. I installed Blas-3.8.0
  3. I installed Lapack-3.8.0 and compiled blas within
  4. I copied libblas.a and liblapack.a to /lammps-12Dec18/lib

My problem starts with adding the library files of LAPACK and BLAS to link flag in LAMMPS Makefile. I am really lost at this part because I don’t know what Makefile should I edit to link flag in lammps.

since you are doing “make serial” you need to edit src/MAKE/Makefile.serial

Another thing is, I don’t know how to make a Makefile.lammps in blas or lapack folder.

not needed. those are used by “packages”, but you are just using sources files copied to the main source folder.

Axel.