problem with lammps-peridynamics

Dr. Plimpton

Thanks for clarification. I am having issues with change in unitcell length along Y-axis. As the velocity is applied in y-direction, how does the box length change? In the input script the timestep=1e-7 seconds. The thermostyle is “custom step temp etotal press ly”. But the “ly” remained the same throughout the 400000 iterations. Shouldn’t it be changing with respect to certain number of iterations? Most possibly, I’m missing something or is there anything to do with the pairwise parameters defined for peridynamic simulation. A further clarification will be very helpful.

Thanks

Rezwan

Dr. Plimpton

Thanks for clarification. I am having issues with change in unitcell length along Y-axis. As the velocity is applied in y-direction, how does the box length change? In the input script the timestep=1e-7 seconds. The thermostyle is “custom step temp etotal press ly”. But the “ly” remained the same throughout the 400000 iterations. Shouldn’t it be changing with respect to certain number of iterations? Most possibly, I’m missing something or is there anything to do with the pairwise parameters defined for peridynamic simulation. A further clarification will be very helpful.

you are not moving atoms at the top or the bottom
of your system, how should its size change?

axel.