Question about quaternary phase diagram

Hi,

I was trying to generate the phase diagram for a 4-component chemical system, but the diagram cannot be displayed with only a picture icon shown on the upper-left corner of the diagram area. The same issue occurred when generating the diagram for another set of 4 elements. And it seems that the problem is not laptop/internet dependent. I wonder does that mean the desired quaternary phase diagram is not available? Thanks.

Hi @Yan_Li , I believe the Phase Diagram app on the Materials Project has been operating inconsistently in the past few days. I can confirm that several (all?) quaternary phase diagrams are not showing on my end either.

I’ll notify the team and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. In the meantime, note that we have a nice phase diagram viewer implemented in the pymatgen package, which should work even when the MP apps are buggy. If you haven’t already, I’d recommend trying it out! This is a nice tutorial:
https://matgenb.materialsvirtuallab.org/2013/01/01/Plotting-and-Analyzing-a-Phase-Diagram-using-the-Materials-API.html

1 Like