Reaction Force- Indent

Hello,

I am using a spherical rigid indenter to indent a silicon box. I have set a constant velocity on the indenter. I am trying to measure the reaction force on the indenter when it moves into the silicon box. I have tried creating a dump file for the forces (fx fy fz) but found that it was not useful because most of the forces stay around zero and I cannot correlate it well with the indentation depth and when exactly it begins to move into the box. Any help/advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am using a spherical rigid indenter to indent a silicon box. I have set a constant velocity on the indenter. I am trying to measure the reaction force on the indenter when it moves into the silicon box. I have tried creating a dump file for the forces (fx fy fz) but found that it was not useful because most of the forces stay around zero and I cannot correlate it well with the indentation depth and when exactly it begins to move into the box. Any help/advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

​the force on the indenter (absolute and x,y,z components) are accessible to be used in custom thermo output (and wherever these can be processed).
please see the lower part of the fix indent documentation page and follow the link to the generic instructions for how to output this kind of information.

axel.​