Read restartfiles

Dear all,

I am using lammps and started a biggger simualtion where everything has worked out fine.
Now I want to restart the project because it is by far not over and have to issues.

First of all, I have several run commands. If in the first submit one has been completed, do
I have to announce this once again that lammps understands that it is working with the same
problem as before or how do ich do that?

And secondly, and more important, I created a new directory and copied anything inside that in order
to have a structure when where which file has been used or occured. But when I do so lammps
cannot read the restart files. Is there a problem by copying them?

Best regards, Benedikt

Dear all,

I am using lammps and started a biggger simualtion where everything has worked out fine.
Now I want to restart the project because it is by far not over and have to issues.

First of all, I have several run commands. If in the first submit one has been completed, do
I have to announce this once again that lammps understands that it is working with the same
problem as before or how do ich do that?

what is read from a restart file and - more importantly - what is not stored in a restart file is discussed in the read_restart command documentation: https://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/read_restart.html

And secondly, and more important, I created a new directory and copied anything inside that in order
to have a structure when where which file has been used or occured. But when I do so lammps
cannot read the restart files. Is there a problem by copying them?

not that i know of. for a more specific answer you have to provide more specific information about the procedure you apply and what LAMMPS version you use and - best - a sample input (based on one of the bundled examples) demonstrating your workflow and what error you are seeing where. and how.

axel.