Reseting Time and Conditions?

Dear LAMMPs guys,

how are you doing? I hope that great! I have two easy questions that I haven’t been able to solve:

(1) I’m running a simulation where the value at t=0 of the temperature, velocities and

trajectories does not matter, but I want the value at t=1 as my initial damped condition. My runs are really long so I’m damping every 1000 steps. Is there any way of damping steps: 1, 1000, 2000, 3000, etc. (or even 1, 1001, 2001, 3001, …) instead of 0,1000,2000,3000?

I don’t know if that’s clear. All I want is to completely neglect t=0 and start all my outputting at t=1.

(2) I want to change the value of the coefficients of my potential after 10000 runs to the values given in another read_data file . Any suggestion on how to do this?

Thank you very much!!!

The first can be achieved by first running for some time steps, then defining all dump commands, then defining another run.

The second I am not sure. Maybe a second read_data, or maybe just redefine the coefficients with pair_coeff commands, if this is not too tedious.

Thank you very much Stefan, I defined the coefficients again in the input file and that worked!