segmentation fault(core dumped) error in water modelling with TIP4P

Hello Steve,

This is Baig from the lammps workshop-2013. I am trying to simulate water with 375 atoms using lj/cut/tip4p/long potential. But when I am running in ubuntu, it is showing **segmentation fault (core dumped)**error.

I have seen your answer about there being a bug in dihedral class2 virial section. But I can’t find what the patch is. Can you provide me some insights about how to solve this?

Regards,
Baig
UCF

Segmentation fault is a very generic error message. The error is very likely somewhere else. Please check if there are any errors when running in serial and post your exact input.

Also please make sure you use the latest version of lammps.

Axel.

Also water has no dihedrals – particularly a rigid water like tip4p, which you seem to be using. So, as Axel says, probably something else.

Paul

[email protected]…1795…

Phone: +1.760.495.4924 x 102
Cell: +1.505.603.8182

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email from your computer. The sender does not waive any privilege in the event this message was inadvertently disseminated.

MedeA® and Materials Design® are registered trademarks of Materials Design, Inc.