Turning of neighbor build + fix deposit

Hello lammps users

I am experimenting with fix deposit command. Is it possible to turn of the neighbour build in fix deposit by modifying a few lines in fix_deposit.cpp.

I want to do this because the atoms are static in my simulation during the deposition process and I am also turning off all the pairwise interactions to reduce computational time. But I am not able reduce the “neigh time” since the fix deposit command builds the neighbor list every step (I am making deposition every step) which is becoming computationally expensive.

So is there any way to make fix deposit honor
neigh_modify once yes

Thanks
Arun

Hello lammps users

I am experimenting with fix deposit command. Is it possible to turn of the neighbour build in fix deposit by modifying a few lines in fix_deposit.cpp.

I want to do this because the atoms are static in my simulation during the deposition process and I am also turning off all the pairwise interactions to reduce computational time. But I am not able reduce the “neigh time” since the fix deposit command builds the neighbor list every step (I am making deposition every step) which is becoming computationally expensive.

So is there any way to make fix deposit honor
neigh_modify once yes

No.

What do you need fix deposit for, if you don’t compute interactions? Just use create_atoms.
Axel