Unintentional AdditionTask launches

Hi,

I have a quiet annoying problem with a couple of lpad-commands after I ran most of the fw_tutorials (I don’t know exactly after which it started happening).

So in some of the tutorials you are submitting a test fireworks with AdditionTask and now after quite a lot of lpad-commands these lines appear in the terminal output:

2019-04-26 12:51:28,114 INFO Performing db tune-up
2019-04-26 12:51:28,145 INFO LaunchPad was RESET.
2019-04-26 12:51:28,146 INFO Added a workflow. id_map: {-1: 1}
2019-04-26 12:51:28,146 INFO Launching Rocket
2019-04-26 12:51:28,352 INFO RUNNING fw_id: 1 in directory: /home/huelsberg/local/hilde/examples/phono3py/fireworks
2019-04-26 12:51:28,356 INFO Task started: Addition Task.
The sum of [1, 2] is: 3
2019-04-26 12:51:28,356 INFO Task completed: Addition Task
2019-04-26 12:51:28,363 INFO Rocket finished

It also writes a FW.json file in the current launch directory, which I attached. However, the workflow does NOT appear in the database, so I cannot find it via lpad get_fws/get_wflows or in the webgui. The id_map is always {-1: 1}, the run_directory changes dynamically though.

Here is a list of commands where this problem appears (not complete):

lpad get_fws (+ options)

lpad add bla.yaml

rlaunch singleshot (-f <fw_id>)

lpad rerun_fws (-i <fw_id>)

With these commands, it does not appear (also not complete):

lpad get_wflows

lpad detect_lostruns

lpad delete_wflows (-i <fw_id>)

-h

I already tried reinstalling, but not recloning the repository. I don’t have this problem on another machine (using the same database), so it should be a problem on my local machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Marcel

FW.json (1.1 KB)

Hi Marcel

I am not sure I understand the problem. It seems like the job is running OK, so the job is definitely in the database. From what I understand, you are just not able to see the job in the database using lpad get_fws/get_wflows or in the webgui.

The first thing I would check is the path to your database connection file (my_launchpad.yaml). You can do this by using the -l option:

lpad -l path/to/my_launchpad.yaml get_fws

As long as your my_launchpad.yaml contains the correct credentials, this should work. Note that the “-l” option is available for pretty much all commands, including webgui and get_wflows.

If it works when explicitly giving a launchpad file, check that you have set up your configuration to point to the right my_launchpad.yaml:

https://materialsproject.github.io/fireworks/config_tutorial.html

···

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:41:09 AM UTC-7, Marcel Hülsberg wrote:

Hi,

I have a quiet annoying problem with a couple of lpad-commands after I ran most of the fw_tutorials (I don’t know exactly after which it started happening).

So in some of the tutorials you are submitting a test fireworks with AdditionTask and now after quite a lot of lpad-commands these lines appear in the terminal output:

2019-04-26 12:51:28,114 INFO Performing db tune-up
2019-04-26 12:51:28,145 INFO LaunchPad was RESET.
2019-04-26 12:51:28,146 INFO Added a workflow. id_map: {-1: 1}
2019-04-26 12:51:28,146 INFO Launching Rocket
2019-04-26 12:51:28,352 INFO RUNNING fw_id: 1 in directory: /home/huelsberg/local/hilde/examples/phono3py/fireworks
2019-04-26 12:51:28,356 INFO Task started: Addition Task.
The sum of [1, 2] is: 3
2019-04-26 12:51:28,356 INFO Task completed: Addition Task
2019-04-26 12:51:28,363 INFO Rocket finished

It also writes a FW.json file in the current launch directory, which I attached. However, the workflow does NOT appear in the database, so I cannot find it via lpad get_fws/get_wflows or in the webgui. The id_map is always {-1: 1}, the run_directory changes dynamically though.

Here is a list of commands where this problem appears (not complete):

lpad get_fws (+ options)

lpad add bla.yaml

rlaunch singleshot (-f <fw_id>)

lpad rerun_fws (-i <fw_id>)

With these commands, it does not appear (also not complete):

lpad get_wflows

lpad detect_lostruns

lpad delete_wflows (-i <fw_id>)

-h

I already tried reinstalling, but not recloning the repository. I don’t have this problem on another machine (using the same database), so it should be a problem on my local machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Marcel

Hi Anubhav,

I don’t think you understand what my problem is. I’m NOT concerned that the AdditionTask is not showing up in the database, since I didn’t add this task to the launchpad anyway.

Anyway, this problem also shows up, when I use the -l option as you described. So I think that the communication with the database is working correctly (since all other fireworks/workflows I
started ran correctly and all functionality is fine). The only problem is that it spams my stdout with those lines I posted earlier. I can’t really imagine though what causes this (like some kind of zombie process, uncleared cache, …), because I haven’t had a similar problem before with any code.

Best,
Marcel

If you want less things in stdout, there are several options for setting the log level, such as

• “-s” (silencer) option in rlaunch command, e.g. "rlaunch -s rapidfire ".

• setting the “strm_lvl” argument if running rlaunch() function from Python. e.g. use “CRITICAL” to show only critical messages.

• setting “strm_lvl” and “logdir” argument in your LaunchPad (either in the YAML file, or as explicit arguments when initializing).

···

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 5:58 AM Marcel Hülsberg [email protected] wrote:

Hi Anubhav,

I don’t think you understand what my problem is. I’m NOT concerned that the AdditionTask is not showing up in the database, since I didn’t add this task to the launchpad anyway.

Anyway, this problem also shows up, when I use the -l option as you described. So I think that the communication with the database is working correctly (since all other fireworks/workflows I
started ran correctly and all functionality is fine). The only problem is that it spams my stdout with those lines I posted earlier. I can’t really imagine though what causes this (like some kind of zombie process, uncleared cache, …), because I haven’t had a similar problem before with any code.

Best,
Marcel

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “fireworkflows” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/fireworkflows.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fireworkflows/eceff49b-c697-438d-bd6d-1113853e5675%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Best,
Anubhav