USER-MISC- MPI error

Hello,

I am trying to use fix ave/correlate/long which is available through USER-MISC package. And when I am trying to run my case in parallel which uses this package, I receive an MPI error as below. But lammps is running with no error using one processor.

I would appreciate for any advisory and information you can provide to solve this problem.

Error when running lammps in parallel.

Hello,

I am trying to use fix ave/correlate/long which is available through USER-MISC package. And when I am trying to run my case in parallel which uses this package, I receive an MPI error as below. But lammps is running with no error using one processor.

I would appreciate for any advisory and information you can provide to solve this problem.

this is not a LAMMPS error, but an error message from your MPI library
(OpenMPI). it means, that you are using mpirun/mpiexec not correctly.
just google the error message and you should find more explanations.

it has *NOTHING* to do with the USER-MISC package or fix ave/correlate/long

axel.

Dear Dr. Alex,

I appreciate your response. The case is, it runs the same simulation in parallel when I am not using the “fix ave/correlate/long”. So, I only experience this problem, when I want to do fix ave/correlate/long.

Mahdi

Dear Dr. Alex,

I appreciate your response. The case is, it runs the same simulation in parallel when I am not using the “fix ave/correlate/long”. So, I only experience this problem, when I want to do fix ave/correlate/long.

i repeat, this *CANNOT* be the case, since the error message it not
generated by LAMMPS, but rather by mpirun/mpiexec.
you are mistaken in your assessment and must be overlooking something
else that is different between two kinds of calculations.

axel.